Try this Crock Pot Recipe ...the Sweet Onion And Chicken Rice .... amazing !
- 1 and 1/2 cups - sweet pearl onions. Frozen/packaged is fine, about 10-12oz.
- 1 cup - Chopped, uncooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast (bite size, about two medium breasts of chicken)
- 1/2 cup - Wild Rice
- 1/2 cup - White or Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup - chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp - fresh, finely chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp - soy sauce
- 2 tsp - fresh, finely chopped parlsey
- 1/2 tsp - ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp - garlic paste
- 3/4 cup - Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup - Water
- 1/4 cup - low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup - orange juice
Combine ingredients in a large slow cooker and mix well.Cover cooker with lid and turn heat to low. Let cook 7-8 hours. For best results, stir well after 5-6 hours, then place lid back on and continue cooking.
If the chicken still seems pink when stirring, turn the heat up to medium for the remaining hour of cooking. Remove lid and the crockpot recipe is ready to serve! Hmm. what an amazing and delicious taste ! Great feasts to enjoy !
Garnish with chopped chives, cashews, or sesame seeds.If there's any extra, just pop it into some tupperware, cover with a lid, and toss into the fridge.
Makes great left-overs. Serves 10, portions are about 1/2 cup each. If you need some more veggies in your families diet, try throwing in some broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts, or snow peas!